Today's Verse from Heartlight (NIV)

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The world...

Just a thought today...
Was reading in John chapter 1 and trying to get a grip on Jesus and all John shares with us in the first chapter. I was reading in several different translations and it really hit me this morning when I read the ERV version of John 1:11, here it is:

11He came to the world
that was his own. And his own people did
not accept him.

What struck me this morning was that the world that Jesus came into was a world that he created, it was HIS OWN WORLD. Not sure how this is gonna sound... bear with me... I know that Jesus came into the world, as a baby and grew and eventually ended up on a cross to die for my sins, and praise the Lord was raised from the dead and now sits in the heavenly realms until His return. I am not minimizing that. What hit me this morning was quite simply that Jesus came into His world. He was there before it was ever made, he was involved in the making of it, he spent time watching it grow and seeing first hand all the things happen that we read about in the Bible. Now, let me see if I can give you an insight into how it hit me...

Think for a moment of your own home. It may be a house in the states or like me an apartment in Germany. It is your home. You have your furniture, your electronic devices that you have to make your life more enjoyable, you have your articles that you use to cook your food, you have your bed and bedding that you cuddle under each night.... I think your get my point, it is home, it is your castle, your domain, your place that you feel most comfortable. You feel that way because it is yours. YOURS.

Jesus made this world, it was and IS His! Yes, I know this is a physical world and He and the Father are spiritual in nature, but he chose to come into a physical world, that was his own, that he had made, and yet, when he came, those he had made rejected him. He came to what I can only relate to as Home, and he was made to feel unwelcome here. Yet, it was HIS place! What is incredible to me is that when he came and his own creation (as a whole) did not accept him, but actually rejected him, He did not just turn around and go back to the Father and say forget this bunch of losers... He stayed and worked with those who would listen, who would try to learn, be it ever so slowly, and love them and those who had rejected him to the point of dying on a cross.

I do not like to come home to a house that has been invaded by someone who should not have been in my house... a thief... I have had that happen, it is not a good feeling. Not a great comparison perhaps, but one I know personally. Jesus came into this world, his world, and those whom he had created did not acknowledge that this world was his, not theirs. Yet, he attempted and still attempts to teach them and us what real love is all about. IT IS GOD, GOD IS LOVE. And he showed His greatest love for us by coming into a world that was his and living and dying as if it were not His, for us, so that we could spend eternity with Him. What a gift.

No comments: