Today's Verse from Heartlight (NIV)

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks....Giving

For us here in Deutschland, tomorrow is just another day. In the states, tomorrow will be a big day for families and friends to get together and take time from their busy lives to relax a little and spend some great time talking, laughing and eating together. Karen and I spent last Wednesday celebrating Thanksgiving day with some friends here in Chemnitz. We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and green bean cassaroll. It was truly a time for us to be thankful. One of the things that I was most thankful for was having people who understood what this tradition is all about to share this meal and time together. Karen and I have learned so much about German culture, German ways of thinking, and about living a different lifestyle than we were use to in the states. But there are some things that will always be important, like celebrating thanksgiving day. It is really not about the food... okay the food is incredible... it is about have a time together with people you love and sharing. Sharing food yes, but more than that it is sharing our lives with each other. We are a long way away from our families at this holiday time, but I am so thankful for the celebration that we were able to enjoy last week. I want to be more thankful everyday for all the blessings that God POURS out on us. He gives us so much, sometimes I don't really appreciate all He gives me. God is great and He loves us so much and just like a good father he provides for His children. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving day... I hope you are thankful everyday.

1 comment:

Prodigal Knot said...

Mark,

I just want you to know that reading your blog was a source of encouragement to me today. In the church of Christ blogosphere, there seem to be many people whose hearts and minds are on worldly things instead of the things of God. It can get quite depressing to see how shallow many people who claim to be "in Christ" who never mention Him in their blogs!

You, on the other hand encourage me to remember that people will always disappoint, but God is faithful and He has a remnant that are about His work.

God bless and direct you both as you work there for a harvest!